Terms and Conditions - Direct Bookings
This is a summary of the key terms and conditions that apply to bookings made directly with The Old Lockup by email, telephone or letter. Different terms and conditions may apply to bookings made through third party agents and online bookings (including online bookings made through our website). Please contact us if you require more information about our terms and conditions.
You are deemed to have agreed to these terms and conditions when making a reservation. We respectfully remind guests that a reservation, whether made by email, telephone or letter, is a legally binding contract.
To secure a booking we require a minimum deposit equal to the cost of a 1 night stay (per room booked) charged at the full single night rate of £95.00. Due to closure of the cheque guarantee scheme we reserve the right to charge a higher deposit for payment by cheque.
In honouring a booking we can incur significant financial loss if that booking is subsequently cancelled. In the unfortunate event of a cancellation, the following policy applies:
· Bookings cancelled 28 days or more before the date of arrival will have deposits refunded, less an administration charge of £25.00 per booking.
· Bookings cancelled 7 to 27 days before the date of arrival will be charged for a 1 night stay per room booked at the full single night rate: i.e. no refund of deposit.
· Bookings cancelled 1 to 6 days before the date of arrival will be charged for a 1 night stay per room booked at the full single night rate, or 75% of the total cost of the booking, whichever is the greater: i.e. no refund and an additional charge may apply.
· Bookings cancelled on the day of arrival and ‘no shows’ will be charged 100% of the total cost of the booking.
Where cancellation charges apply, these charges become due on the date the booking is cancelled and will be charged to the debit/credit card details supplied at the time of booking. In the event that we manage to re-sell all or part of a booking we will reimburse you any monies due less the cost of the full single night rate of £95.00; to be paid after the date of departure for that booking.
Change of Booking Details
Subject to availability and at our discretion, we may agree a request for minor alterations to bookings up to 2 weeks before the date of arrival, but any reduction in the number of nights and/or guests booked constitutes a part cancellation and will be treated on a pro-rata basis. Bookings that cannot be rescheduled in the current season may be treated as a cancellation on the part of the guest and the cancellation policy will apply.
No refund or reduction will be made for last minute changes to your booking including late arrival, meals not taken, temporary absence or departure earlier than booked (including early departure notified after arrival).
· The Old Lockup is a non-smoking establishment.
· Well behaved pets are welcome by prior arrangement (£10 additional charge).
· We understand that accidents can happen, but we reserve the right to recover the cost of making good any significant damage, breakages, costs for deep cleaning rooms tainted by smoking or strong food aromas, and replacing lost keys.